Saturday 4 October 2008

"Evelyn's Mountain Adventure" by Evelyn Grace Cracknell

Below is a story written by Evelyn Grace Cracknell, hopefully her first of many stories. It's told in her words with a little bit of help from her dad. Eventually we'll add pictures and it'll be a picture book, hence the breaks after every sentence or two.

Evelyn’s Mountain Adventure
Evelyn likes the mountains. She likes the mountain goats.

The mountains are on the way to Nana’s house. They’re super big.

The last time Evelyn went to the mountains she had a big adventure.

She had to pee so she went to the outhouse. Evelyn didn’t like outhouses. She was scared of them.

This outhouse looked like it was about to fall. But if she didn’t go now she’d have to wait until she got to Brianne’s house. So she went in the little potty.

After she went pee, Evelyn met a mountain goat. “Hello,” she said. “The ladybugs love me. Would you like to borrow a movie?”

“No thanks,” said the mountain goat. “But would you like to go for a ride? I can take you on a great mountain adventure.”

“Sure,” said Evelyn. Evelyn hopped on the mountain goat and the mountain goat started to run. Evelyn laughed.

The mountain goat and Evelyn climbed all the way to the top of the mountain. Evelyn put her hands up to her eyes like they were special goggles. Now she could see far, far away.

“Look, I see Nana’s house. I see Brianne’s house. I see Daniel’s house,” yelled Evelyn pointing. “I have to go pee.”

The mountain goat took Evelyn back to the outhouse so she could use the bathroom again.

“I’ve been so brave and I don’t have any garbage,” said Evelyn. “Thanks for taking me on a great adventure.”

The mountain goat nodded and went back into the forest. Evelyn waved good-bye. She would never forget her super mountain adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think we have a story-teller in the family. That's a great adventure Evelyn!!

Annie said...

ROFL!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I LOVE all the disconnected thoughts!! 'the ladybugs love me-want to borrow a movie?' and 'I have to go pee!' LOL!
AWESOME story Evelyn. Keep up the terrific story telling!