Sunday 5 October 2008

A trip to the Zoo where Evelyn rides a Pony.



On Oct 1st, I took the kids to the Valley Zoo in Edmonton. It was overall very disappointing. The only food served was ice cream, the animals looked depressed and their living spaces were tiny. Evelyn liked looking at the Elephant eat it's lunch. Ethan liked riding the little train. Just before we left, I decided to check out an area we had not seen. It offered pony rides, so I let Evelyn try.

The look on her face from the moment she sat on 'Sugar' to the time she got off was one of pride, excitement and joy. I think that was my favourite part of our visit.

2 comments:

Annie said...

she's smiling for EVERY picture!! LOL
Beautiful pics on the horse. Again, another excellent page spread for s/b! Wonderful fall colors. It's too bad the zoo was so disappointing.
Icecream for lunch- what every kid dreams of!

Ruth said...

The train looks like it would be fun. I guess you won't be going there again, eh.