Wednesday 15 October 2008

Thanksgiving with the Brands


We spent TG weekend visiting the Brand Family: Steve, Jen, Juliana, Evan and Benjamin. The kids played very well together and Ryan and I enjoyed visiting with good friends.

I had a song run through my head most of the weekend. I'm pretty sure it is a scripture. It fit so well with how the weekend went. "How good and pleasant it is when we dwell together in unity, and praise the Lord". That concept of dwelling together in unity has been a theme for me with my kids recently. I am totally craving a pleasant and peaceful home. I am not a person who thrives on conflict and drama!

Anyway, we had the lamb roast I picked up at the farm last week. It was wonderful! very little fat, and nice and moist.

We took the kids to a different park each day. Evelyn loved the rainbow tunnel at one of the parks. She and Juliana played together the whole time. The favourite games were doll house, Littlest Pet Shop, picnic, and even a round of 'Candy Land'.








Evan and Ethan did their own thing most of the time, but occasionally played with a ball or two at the same time. Ethan decided that Steve was his new bast friend and would only hold his hand when we were walking, and wanted only him to pick him up. Later, he wanted to snuggle with Steve. It was very cute.







Ben was a very quiet baby. I don't think I heard him really cry the whole time we were there! He rarely even whimpered! He got really excited watching "Mario Kart" on the Wii. He went all stiff and almost vibrated with excitement.

We adults waited patiently for the kids to go to bed, then worked our brains playing "Big Brain Academy" on the Wii. It was a lot of fun to play as a group.

It was a great way to spend TG.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a awesome time!
The verse is ps 133:1
"Oh how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!" I sing it with the kids when we are not having a very cooperative day! :D
mmmm...Lamb Roast! I could go for some of that right now! Yummy!