Monday 6 October 2008

Mama's Little Helper

This afternoon, I was adding a few more things to the garbage before I changed the bag. Without my asking, Ethan went into the cupboard, pulled out a replacement bag, and gave it to me. "Wow", I thought, "what a great helper.

I left the full bag on the floor and proceeded to do a couple other things. A moment later, I heard Ethan thunking down the stairs. I investigated and saw him trying to put his boots on, with the garbage sitting beside him on the stairs. "Are you taking the garbage out for Mommy?" I asked. "Yes! Garbage, outside" was his reply.

I quickly ran to get the camera and caught him in the act of his first, (completely independent) chore. What a WONDERFUL helper!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

THAT is so sweet!

Annie said...

Great Job Ethan!! What a pro! It's so great when the kids volunteer for their own responsibilities in the house!
It must have made your day!

Anonymous said...

He is the sweetest! Hope he still does that at 13!!!!