Tuesday 1 May 2007

Sounds of Spring

We have all been struggling with a sinus cold. Lots of crankiness, runny noses, sneezing and coughing. I think we are on the mend now though.

All our snow is finally melted and the sounds of spring are filling the silence of winter. There is a little pond a few hundred meters from our house that is home to a loud assortment of ducks, birds and frogs. We can hear them from inside our house in the evening! I took Evelyn and Ethan there yesterday and took this video clip. Turn up the sound and you will hear the cacophony that is spring!



Evelyn has been playing Doctor and Mother to her dolls lately. She is so cute with her stethoscope in her ears. She checks their ears, listens to their hearts "pa pum, pa pum" and their bellies "squish, squirt" she even checks their reflexes! Then, she moves into Mommy mode and puts them down for a nap, feeds them a bottle and takes them for walks.

I was looking at her dolls, and thought 'Ethan looks a lot like these dolls'. So, I laid him down next to the dolls and Evelyn started to 'feed' him some of her dolls bottles. She thought it was pretty neat. Ethan liked 'kissing' the dolls. He seemed to think the whole thing was pretty funny too.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love how your place is so treed! and ducks and frogs! how exciting!! oh my goodness your kids are hilarious. what a true nurse's daughter - checking the pulses and everything! it sounds like being a mommy is fun :-)

Annie said...

Sweet picture of Evelyn! And the two on the couch!
I loved playing doctor!

A Place of springs said...

for a second I thought Ethan was a doll! Very cute!

Annie said...

oh my goodness... haha! I didn't even see Ethan there until I read BLs comment! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
:)
any good recommendations for a nice dolly for B for her birthday? What dolly does E like the best? And what kind is easy to wash?

Ruth said...

LOVE those sounds! Great to see the pictures...the kids grow so fast.