Sunday 23 May 2010

music night, toothpick towers and raindrops














Evelyn, her kindergarten class, and 3 older students from her school participated in a night of music in Lac La Biche. The older girls sang and rapped the majority of the song, and the kids joined in for the chorus. It was that popular song they're playing on the radio now about a waving flag. It was cute, and even Ethan has learned how to sing it.













Ryan is doing a science unit that involves evaluating and learning about the strength of objects. For a demonstration he is planning, we all pitched in to build several types of towers out of toothpicks and marshmallows. Evelyn worked on this tower based in square units for about 20 minutes. Shortly after I took this photo, she decided her design was too unstable and was not going to work. So, she took it apart and promptly ate all the marshmallows. I'm not sure if her evaluation, or her desire for some treats was the main motivator for her taking it apart!

Earlier in the day, I gave her a princess makeover using the 'hair' and makeup from her Disney makeover. This is why she is wearing fake hair and eyeshadow in this photo!







This last photo is from today. It was a very gray, rainy sort of day. Evelyn decided to dress to match the weather and came out of her room, stood straight and tall, and declared "I'm a raindrop!" After taking a photo of my little raindrop, I reminded her to get used to the weather. When we move home to the island, there will be LOTS of rain and cloudy days.

On that note, I cleaned my house thoroughly yesterday, and today we heard from the realtor that someone from the LLB area wants to come look at the house tomorrow! So, at around 11 am, we will be heading to the school while some stranger looks around the house. It's a bit of an odd idea, but I hope it will bring great results! So... guess what I'll be doing tomorrow morning? Cleaning - again!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Love the blog! Little raindrop.

I think Casey and Lillian would love to make toothpick towers...just don't tell mama that the marshmellows are a treat afterwards!

Praying for good results today on the showing.
:D

Annie said...

I'm sure E loved being in the concert! Those little sanguines are great for stuff like that :)

How did your house showing go? I really like the toothpick towers. They look like a lot of fun!
And what a beautiful raindrop! Very creative! LOL

Tasha said...

Very cute pics. Evelyn is sure growing up!! Thanks for the advice the other day!

Brandee said...

The younger kids look so small next to the older girls - great idea for a concert.
Evelyn is soooo tall and lovely. Makes me think that is likely how Maya will look one day as she is already over 3 ft tall at 3 years old!