Monday 3 May 2010

Before and after



It's been a 4 year, gradual process. The kitchen is probably the most dramatic change. The paint colour made a big difference too. I'm very pleased with the outcome. For those of you who have actually been up to visit, the 'after' photos will look different even from the time you visited. I don't think anyone (except our babysitter Serena) has seen how it looks now!

As an update, I got my letter of hire, but it did not include my FTE (0.77), so I am waiting for a revised letter (the bank needs the FTE to calculate the mortgage). Shortly, I expect to have a pre-approved mortgage that I can use to go house shopping! I am planning a trip (just me) mid-May to look at several houses. I hope to place an offer and possibly have an inspection of our future house done before I leave. If you're interested in getting a link of the top 5 houses we are considering, LMK and I'll send them to you...I'd appreciate your opinions.

Ryan is still waiting to hear back on one position he applied for. The postings for teachers have not gone up yet, so it's still a waiting game.

Once I have an approved mortgage, I will look into selling our house. Overall, we have taken one step forward, but have many more to take before we are 'home' again.

6 comments:

A-J said...

Wow, what a difference! You've done a lot of work!

Hope that house shopping goes well and the jobs come through for you.

Annie said...

The place looks GREAT! Wow! What a difference the windows/treatments make. You've done a lot of work. How did you get the old pics? Did you have to sift through all your old photos?
I'd like to see the top 5 houses you're considering!

Ruth said...

You are amazing and inspiring! It's so nice to see the improvements. Hope things are progressing well for you this week.

:D

Jenn said...

Congratulations!! So glad for you guys to be moving. We will miss the visits though. Send me your links for the houses you are looking at too. I would love to see! Jenn

Sarah said...

your house looks really beautiful bev. it is really encouraging to see how God has blessed you and given you more and more, and made your house more and more beautiful! but it's also encouraging to see that you didn't start out with that, but it grew in time.

"Through skillful and godly Wisdom is a house (a life, a home, a family) built, and by understanding it is established [on a sound and good foundation]"
Prov 24:3

I pray that your house, and your whole family, would be filled with PEACE just as it is filled with beauty!

I'd like to see the houses too!

Brandee said...

All I can say is WOW!!! What a an amazing job you did - you could moonlight as a decorator! So impressed!