Sunday 3 January 2010

New Years

Happy 2010!

So, do you say "Twenty-Ten" or "Two Thousand and Ten"?

Did you stay up to welcome the new year?

Have you made any resolutions?

At the request of K-A, here is an update of our New Years in Lloydminster, and a new look. Apparently, the red background was hard on the eyes, so now I have increased the text size, and changed to a relaxing blue. What do you think?

We spent the last two nights of 2009 with our friends Steve and Jen, and their kids Juliana, Evan and Benjamin in Lloyd. The weather was frigid, so tobogganing was out. Instead, we took the kids to the rec centre to play on the indoor playgrounds. I wish we had an indoor playground in our area. It was a great set up.



The kids played well, over all. Ethan's favorite things were the Christmas train around the tree and the bouncy castle. Evelyn also enjoyed the bouncy castle and the doll house. Evan and Ethan enjoyed playing trains, and even included little brother Ben once in a while too! The boys wore Super Man PJ's (a gift from the Brands) and, in their minds, they were Superman. It was very cute to watch. I don't remember them ever fighting, and they both enjoyed playing with the others big sister as well.










The girls play dynamic was a bit more complicated. While they never fought outright, they were only occasionally in harmony in their play. They did, however, understand each other's sense of humour.

Ryan and I went on a little 'Wal Mart' date the first night. It brought back memories of our dating days. The next day, Jen and I checked out a sale at a local clothing store. They had $9.99 designer jeans on sale. I tried on about 5 pairs, but found all the waists too low cut for my post babies belly. I even tried on a pair of skinny jeans! (they made my hips look twice as wide as they are!)

On New Years Eve, after the kids were in bed, we watched the Canada vs. US junior hockey game and then played Settlers of Catan. Ryan picked up a sparkling white wine that was really good the brand name was Martini. Next time you need 'champaigne' buy this brand!

We headed home on New Years day after a stop for groceries and were home in time for supper. Thats about it!

Today, I am working on planning Evelyn's birthday party and other administrative things I've let slide over the holiday.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Great summary of a wonderful visit!

Ruth said...

LOVE the pictures! Look at them having so much fun. The superman jammys are super cute! And that train looks amazing.

Thanks a bunch, Bev. Happy New Year to you all.

:D

Ryan Cracknell said...

The snooty math teacher side of me says the number/year is Two Thousand Ten. For some reason we're phasing out the 'and' part of saying numbers out loud. But Twenty Ten has a much better roll to it.

Annie said...

Fantastic! You updated and I didn't check til now!!!
I love the slate blue you've chosen. It's very winter-y.
Great photo's! It looks like you had a terrific visit. It must have been so nice to celebrate with someone!
Indoor playgrounds are awesome in the winter months. The boys looks so cute in their new pj's!
You tried on skinny jeans? BRAVE! I stuck with the bootcut.
What are your plans for E's birthday?

Ruth said...

I forgot to say I love the blue and your beautiful header!

Brandee said...

Sounds like fun....we'll have to join you all one year!