Tuesday 29 December 2009

Christmas Day

This is a Nativity given to us by Ryan's grandparents. Most years, I put out a lot of Christmas decorations and there has not been room to display this large scene. We usually display a small white ceramic one instead. This year, I went minimalist in my decorating, which gave us space to display it. Evelyn was really interested in setting it up and she made a lot of really good connections between our memory verses and other stories we had read.



















Each Christams Morning, before we open anything, we read the christmas story. I found a fabric book a few years ago that has text very close to the story in Luke. I sewed it up and this is what we read. Evelyn remembered our tradition from previous years and went in search of that book on Christmas Eve. She looked at several books, and discarded each one, then she found it and exclaimed "This is it! This is the Jesus book!"

As I had to work both Christmas and Boxing Day, we woke the kids up early on Christmas so we could open presents before I went to work. (How many parents say THEY woke the kids up on Christmas!?!?) Each time Ryan or I had a turn opening a gift, Ethan would exclaim "Happy Holiday Mom/Dad!" and gave us a hug. He really enjoyed watching everyone open their gifts. Thank you to everyone who gave us a gift. It was very kind of you to do so!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

oh, what a dear little guy! such an encourager!
beautiful picture of the nativity. that turned out really well even with the low light. did you use any special features on your camera?

Ruth said...

HURRAY for mom waking the kids up Christmas morning! LOL!! That was cute.

We still read the Christmas story before we open prezzies! :D Looks like you all had a nice morning.

Ruth said...

I loved the nativity set too. It didn't seem that big in the picture though.

Ruth said...

Hi Bev and Ryan, Thanks so much for your pictures and the write up. Your children are adorable. I love the picture of Ethan adoring his sister. Wow. That says a lot about your wonderful family. Thanks again for sharing your Christmas with us. Blessing on all of you. We love you dearly.

Love Grandad XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

Annie said...

and you guys were up EARLY!
I think I may have the same cloth book. I'm not sure- but it's a great one and kid friendly.
I'm glad you were able to have a little bit of a christmas despite having to work.
What did the kids do for the 2 days you were gone? Just play with their new toys?

BevC said...

Yes, the kids pretty much just played with their new things while I worked.

Sarah, I think I used a candle light setting on the camera. It gave much warmer colour than the low light setting. I think I will use that setting more often.

Annie said...

Hey! Do we get a New Years post?! I'd love to see pics from your visit to Lloydminster. Jen's kids must be growing like weeds :)
Do we also get a new format? The red and green is a little hard on the eyes!
How is all your organizing going?

Brandee said...

Beautiful family memories!