Sunday 2 August 2009

A helicopter ride in the mountains

Ryan surprised me on the way out to Victoria by saying I could take the kids on a helicopter ride. We stopped in 3 Valley Gap, just west of Revelstoke. Ethan loved the whole experience and wanted to go 'faster' and 'higher' the whole time. Evelyn was very nervous at the beginning, but by the end, she loved it too. This was my first time in a helicopter, and I really enjoyed it. I liked how it just lifted up so gently, and we were flying. It was a quick tour around the valley, and the helicopter itself was very small. We could feel every wind gust and it reminded me of being on a swaying gondola at a ski hill.

After the ride, we had lunch and then drove on to the J's house for supper.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

oh my goodness, that looks like such an adventure! how fun!!! glad to hear that the kids liked it! what a surprise from your husband!