Tuesday 4 August 2009

Cowichan Bay

We headed up to Cowichan Bay with Richard and Ruth (Nana-Ruth and Grandad to the kids) to check out this tiny little village. It is a revived logging town that saw it's heyday about 60 yrs ago. Now, it's collection of brightly coloured wood clad buildings house small restaraunts, art shops, an icecream parlour and a boat building shop and museum. All this is nestled (or you could say clinging) to the edge of the bay between the old island highway and the water. I think more of the village is on piles and jetties than is on solid land! The colours and closeness adds to the charm of the village.

I enjoyed the boat museum and workshop. There were some neat exhibits and some beautiful examples of wood boat building. The Ice Cream shop was pretty nice too! I had 'chai tea' icecream. It was DELICIOUS!

I thougth we had forgotten our camera at 'home' so my only pics are from Ruth's camera. On returning home, we discovered the camera tucked very deeply under one of the seats of the car - so we had it all along! Argh!



4 comments:

Annie said...

Cold icecream... mmmm.... Chai flavor. I think I'm going to have to try that out! I'll have to find a recipe ;)Next time you come I'll make you chai icecream haha

Ruth said...

Very fun! Thanks for a great afternoon!!

:D

Sarah said...

sounds like all you need in a town! I love the seaside!
that is a great picture of you and ryan; you look so relaxed! great to spend time with richard & ruth. so low-key and low-pressure :)
I love that.

Brandee said...

Love the picture of you and Ryan. Great effort to keep you both in the pictures too!