Saturday 21 February 2009

A few more pics

Monkey Boy and Strawberry Girl to the rescue!

They were SO hyper last night. Evelyn performed about 6 origional song and dance routines for me. I did video them, I will post shortly. They just would not settle! It was fun to watch them, but bedtime was about an hour later than usual.





Proof that they can play nicely together from time to time!

Evelyn was very tender with Ethan and he reciprocated 110%. After, Evelyn told me "Ethan is my best friend too" I replyed, "Ethan will always be your best and most loyal friend - if you treat him kindly. He loves you very much." Her reply "I really love Ethan too"

Melt my heart! I hope they grow as friends and not enemies.

This retro pic of for K-A. I was sure I had a pic of Ethan giving me a 'first' smile in that PJ! I think he's about 6 weeks old here.

Last week, my laptop crashed. The tech was able to retreive my files (thankfully) but it has made me want to post every somewhat decent pic to the web - just incase it happens again and I can't retreive my files. I last backed up my pics and videos in the summer, so the loss would not have been total. When was the last time YOU backed up your photo files?

He managed to get all the files off the laptop, reload windows and some programs, and transfer the files back. I have lost some programs, and have new ones I didn't have before. All my bookmarks were lost. But overall, it was not too painful an experience.

In answer to a past question Brandee, Ryan has discovered a way to 'screen capture' web pages and save them as an image file. This would work to archive blogs as a hard copy. Alternately, I am considering printing my posts. This would be the simplest option, though paper doesn't last forever.

Ryan is leaving for Phoenix in half an hour. He is gone until Thursday evening. He is going to a literacy convention and will be visiting the Grand Canyon on Tuesday. I work the next 3 evenings, so our friend Melissa is going to live with us for the weekend and watch the kids while I work.

Evelyn has a 'Walk-A-Thon" on Tuesday for her playschool. The goal is for the kids to raise $100 per kid. We are still a bit short of Evelyn's goal, so if anyone wants to pledge, let me know. I can cover your pledge and you can mail a cheque to me. The money is going to offset the costs associated with Playschool such as rental of the space, insurance, teacher wage, and supplies.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know they will always be friend as they have great teachers. we will pledge and put it in the mail today. Way to go Evelyn. Love Nana & Papa.

Ruth said...

Cute! Love the pictures and especially the old pic of Ethan.

Hope your week goes smoothly and Ryan has a great trip!

:D

Annie said...

Looks like they were 'full of beans!'
Great pic of Ethan and it's hilarious that it's the same pair of PJ's!!
Have a good week!

Sarah said...

so sweet! nice to hear them playing together! happy day!
:) Sarah

Brandee said...

What a beautiful thing that your kids get along so well and can express love for each other. Even though in their early years they will likely fight more than they get along (my brother and I certainly did...LOL) they know that they have a friend for life. I love the pictures. You capture some great expressions.

A-J said...

Looks like the kids were having a lot of fun! Very cute!

Tasha said...

Thanks for the cough advice. Very cute pics. i love the one of Ethan. i hope his fever goes away soon.

Jenn said...

I love the wired expressions on their faces, and what a cute sock monkey hat!