Thursday 8 January 2009

No Pics, just an update.

The windows were installed yesterday. It took them about 4 hrs to do our big living room window and both kids rooms. I'll take pics when we go out later. I was surprised that they were able to install, as the temps have stayed colder than expected. I like that the living room window can open now and the kids rooms could potentially be used as an escape route in the event of a fire.

All of Evelyn's party guests have been unable to come. She took the news better than I did, though she was pretty sad that she would not be able to play any of the games we had talked about. I had to fight tears! I felt I'd failed her somehow. So, we will invite some of her adult friends over after school on Monday (her birthday) and celebrate with them. I'll ask if I can bring cupcakes to school for Tuesday, if not, I'll bring them for playgroup on Wednesday.

The new job is going well. The hours are a bit sporadic, but that's fine. Low stress, not busy, and, I get to wear pretty clothes - no uniforms!

7 comments:

Brandee said...

I am so sorry that the big party for Evelyn did not work out. But take heart in knowing that at this age, she would probably rather spend the day with mommy, daddy and Ethan anyways. Likely being the center of attention for the day will be enough!! But I can certainly sympathize with how hard it must be - now more than ever!
You are in my thoughts!
Give the birthday girl early hugs from us.

Annie said...

Yay for new windows!! It will make a difference for sure! I'm glad they were able to install them despite the weather.
I'd like to hear more about your new job- perhaps when I actually get a battery for my phone!! haha
That is so disappointing that none of E's guests could come to the party :( Do you have to celebrate so close to her birthday? Why not make it a different weekend? And, no, you're a GREAT mom! You didn't fail her at all. I'm sure you'll make her birthday very special!

Anonymous said...

You're a great mom Bev. Sometimes things don't work out as we as parents think they should but the kids are always okay. They have alot of love and that is what is important. Love and kisses Mom (Nana)

BevC said...

I am pretty fortunate that a lack of guests for Evelyn's birthday is the biggest cause of stress in my life. It could be much worse. Most of her adult friends are able to come to a supper after school on Monday.

Ruth said...

I hope Evelyn has a wonderful birthday! I'm sure she will!! I'll bet the windows made a big difference in heating your house. It must be very nice.

Sarah said...

oh yay! that must be so fun to get to wear normal clothes!!!! what is your new job again? or can you direct me to a post about it?
sorry about the p-tay for E not working out - I'm sure God will provide you something even better :)
great about the new windows! what a time to get them, in that -20 weather!!!!!!!!!!!!! so cold!

A Place of springs said...

Super great pictures Bev! Casey did the same thing that Ethan did with the prinsess stuff you got L-R for xmas. Casey wore the stuff for hours. L-R was just crazy about the the shoes. (thanks for the gifts by the way.

Looks like you had a great bday party.