Wednesday 19 March 2008

An update






Ethan's primary mode of transportation is now walking! He has gotten quite good at it in the past 2 days.

Here is a picture of Evelyn talking to her Nana on the phone. I can totally see her as a 14 year old. She loves to talk and is getting pretty good at conversation. Ryan and I love to see how thoughtful and considerate she will be toward others. She loves to hear how your day was and will offer us special treats "Because you woke up dry!". She is starting to do better on night time bed wetting again (by the way). She is dry 3-4 nights a week now.

Evelyn continues to impress me with her imagination. As this next clip shows, when she is pretending, the imagined objects are really there to her. She puts on her pretend oven mitts and passes out her pretend muffins. She is becoming my parrot and will repeat what I say seconds after the words leave my mouth.


We are getting ready for a visit from the Brand family. They will spend the night on Friday and will stay for supper on Saturday before driving home to Lloydminster (about 3 hrs away). We are going to let Juliana and Evelyn try having a sleep over in the Evelyn's room. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. Both the boys have started to walk in the past 2 weeks, so they'll be fun to watch too.

Both the kids are on the mend now. Their coughs persist, but they are back to their energetic selves. I suspect we all had Influenza A. It has been going around and laying people flat. No nausea or anything like that, but a bad chest cold, fever, aches, chills.... I got it very mildly, Ryan and the kids were pretty sick. I think I can thank my flu shot for reducing the severity of my illness. Ryan and the kids did not get one this year.

Here they all are cuddling on the chair. It's kind of like 'dog pile on Daddy'.

So, I am starting a week off work!!! Yah!!! I've been plugging away at Evelyn's baby scrapbook. I only have 2.5 spreads left to do (plus journaling) I hope to get all the layouts done this week. On Monday, we plan to spend the day and the night at the Sahota's. On Tuesday, we'll submit our passport applications in Edmonton. We may take the kids to the West Edmonton Mall. I think I'd like to ride the ferris wheel and carousel. Wednesday is off, then I work Thurs and Fri.

I'll keep you posted on our visits....but, only if I get some comments first ;-P

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every picture they look bigger and older. Wow how smart Evelyn is. She must take after her auntie. HAHA just joking Ryan you can relax. Can't wait to see you all. Miss ya. XOXO

Annie said...

WOW! Love the pics by the window- great light there! The kids watched every video on the blog while I was cooking dinner! It was cute! Ethan is walking like he's been doing it for months! Didn't take him long to perfect it did it?
I love the video of the mustard muffins. LOL D said they would be yucky. haha...
Still laughing about the treats 'b/c you woke up dry' comment! haha
Have a fun busy weekend with people :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all feeling better. Can't wait to see you all soon. Love the pictures and the news updates. Keep them coming. Love and kisses to you all.

Ruth said...

Lovely, lovely pictures! You will be so happy you took the time to take those. Thanks Bev! Hope you have a great weekend and time off.

Ruth said...

HI Bev, I didn't realize your family ate such unusual food. Mustard and muffins. Thanks so much for the videos. They really keep us in touch and keep us up with the children's abilities.

Love you all Grandad.

Tasha said...

You always have such nice pictures! I love Evelyn's muffin movie. She's a great actress! Ya gotta love hoe she puts chicken and mustard in muffins! I watched the video of Ethan learnign to walk. I love it! He is so cute!

A Place of springs said...

Hope the sleep over went well! See you soon.

Sarah said...

love the picture of Evelnn in the red! so cute! and yes the muffin video is incredible. she is so imaginative. such a long attention span. that is wonderful. and it is so great to see Ethan walking and just delighted with it.
oh why are you getting passports?

Anonymous said...

Going on a big trip??? unfortunately you are not allowed to smile in passport photos anymore... :(

Tasha said...

BTW, thank you for the birthday card you sent! I can't remember if I thanked you already :)