Wednesday 5 September 2007

HAIR! Long, beautiful hair!...

Evelyn now wants to brush her own hair - at least for a little while (then it is my turn). But, the other day, she sat nicely for long enough to let me french-braid her hair. This was the first time she has let me do that. I thought it looked pretty nice.






This morning, she let me take a picture of her in one of her new sweaters that has a matching hat and scarf. She thought the scarf was pretty fun.














A few days ago, we bribed her into letting us take a picture of her in a sailor dress she has had for a while. For her own irrational reasons, she has decided to dislike that dress (and a few others I have bought her). The bribe worked very well, and she was most compliant with having her picture taken. I think it looks very cute, and, after she actually let herself wear it, I think she liked it too.












Evelyn is really missing having Daddy around. There have been many more tantrums than usual the past few days. It was cute when he came home today, she asked "Have fun at school today, Daddy?" Then a little later, she was talking about how the kids ride on the school bus and asked "Maybe Evelyn ride the school bus?"

3 comments:

Annie said...

BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!! HAHA!!! B put tons of hairwax in her hair (See my post) and I was able to put a tiny tiny french braid on the right side of her head that has a little more hair b/c she sleeps on her left side, and the braid kept falling apart even with all the wax in it!! It didn't stay long enough for a pic and it was a very short tiny braid anyways!

A Place of springs said...

Wow I can't believe that hair!!! Beautiful and you do very nice french braids.

Ruth said...

Awesome pictures! Lovely french braids. Hope she likes them enough you can do them again.