Thursday 19 July 2007

Visit with K-A and Sarah

After leaving Victoria, we visited with my good friends K-A, her family and Sarah at K-A's house. The names of K-A and her family, and where they live are not allowed to be posted on the internet, so, if you want to know more detail, you can give me a call.

We spent a good portion of every day outside. In 37+ degree weather. It was hot. Thankfully, they have central AC in their home! We visited 2 lakes and a splash park. On Friday, Sarah, K-A and I went out on a no-kids shopping trip. We hit a few thrift stores and bought a few great finds. It is so easy and pleasant to shop without kids! I was surprised by a gift of a massage from K-A and Sarah as an early Birthday gift. The masseuse really worked on my knots and I felt much more relaxed.

While we were out enjoying a girls afternoon, K was taking care of all 4 kids! He did a great job and even had the house clean when we got back! Thank you K!

The kids had a Curious George Movie Night. D had it all planned out. They would have popcorn, sit on the bed, and watch the movie. He even wore his Curious George PJ's, underwear, and held a George stuffy during the movie!

Overall, the kids played very well. Evelyn had her share of emotional dramas, but she is working on controlling herself. It was neat to see each of the big kids play with Ethan on at least one occasion. They would sit next to him and show him some toys, or just hug and kiss him or pat his head. He loved the attention from the little people.

Ethan decided to sleep like a newborn while we were there. This means up every 3 hrs. Since we shared a room with Evelyn, I did not want him to wake her, so, I did not let him cry it out. It is good to be home now. We have so many fans going to keep the house cool that I can barely hear him! I am sleeping very well now!

On July 16th I drove about 11 hrs to pick Ryan up at the Edmonton Airport, then another 2 hrs home. We arrived just before midnight. That was a long day. Ryan had a great time in Whitehorse.



Enjoy the slide show

4 comments:

Annie said...

Wow!!! You've been busy!!! I totally forgot about the C.G. night. Yes, D loved to get all dressed up to the nines for it! haha! Thanks for posting all these videos and pictures!
Great slide show- I really like the way you can write on it what is going on!
Glad you are getting way more sleep! 3 hours of sleep at a time isn't enough! :)

A Place of springs said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Hope the kids are settling back in the there everyday routien now.

Sarah said...

yay!!!! beautiful shots!! are all of those on my CD?
yes, I'm happy for you that you're getting more sleep! goodbye newborn stage!
that was such a great time. I love all the little people!!! :)

Ruth said...

I love the picture of E sitting in her floaty ring! This is the life!:)

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks Bev. I'll be looking at those again!!