Monday 11 June 2007

Life

I did not take many pics this week, and almost no video (nothing of interest, anyway). There were a few amusing stories I can write about though.

Tuesday day was nasty and wet. We had thunder storms all through the night and into the day. When we were driving back from Boyle, I saw lightening strike a power pole about 800m ahead of me. A couple seconds later, it struck the ground in the field nearby. The pole erupted into a plume of light. It looked like powder ignited. The light lasted for about a second and a half, then the pole looked like nothing had happened. The rain at that time was so heavy. The drops were huge. It was so loud against the windshield, I thought the impact might break it.

On Tuesday night, just before bedtime, Evelyn and Ethan played peek-a-boo. Evelyn popped out from behind her closet door and surprised Ethan. They were both tired and ready for giggles. It was so cute. Evelyn pops out, Ethan starts giggling and squealing, so, Evelyn starts to giggle and squeal too. Then she hides behind the door and it starts again. They have similar laughs, so it was hard to tell who was doing the giggling at times. I wish we had gotten a video.

Wednesday, I did some scrapbooking with my 'little sister' she got 3 pages done in a little over an hour!

Thursday was the airband competition at the school. Ryan was in Edmonton on a field trip with his class, but Evelyn and I participated with the grade 4 class. They did the Wizard of Oz and the kids were munchkins. Their teacher (Melissa) was Dorothy and I got to be the Good Witch Glinda. Evelyn wore her Cinderella dress, a tiara and a wand. She was kind of like a mini-me little Glinda. She went up with the kids and stood there while they danced their routine. I thought our group did the best, but we came in 4th. All the classes did a good job. It was a fun afternoon.

Thursday night, Melissa and I played softball with the "Family of Faith Worship Centre FLYERS" (the church we have been going to). I did not hurt myself! This is a first! Evelyn has come to associate baseball with hurts and owies. Either Ryan or I get injured every week. Evelyn played in the sand volley ball court with her little friend Elizabeth. They had a great time. Her pull-up diaper was full of sand when we got home. Oh, we saw a bear and 2 moose on the drive to and from the game. Ryan also saw a bear on his trip from the city.

Evelyn has started to breastfeed her dolls. I have been waiting for her to do this, and, I had been a bit disappointed that she had not done it before now. Anyway, she started by nursing her little 2" tall "Boots" figure (the monkey from Dora the Explorer), then, she started to feed her dolls too.

Ethan had a growth spurt. I went to put 3 different PJ's on him only to have them all come up about 1" short. He is now wearing 9-12 month PJ's. His moodiness has settled, and his gums are not swollen anymore. Overall, he is returning to our cheerful little boy. He has figured out how to turn on his 'Ocean Wonders' crib activity thingy. So, now I will check in to see if he is really still asleep and having a long nap, and find him watching the lights and listening to the crashing waves.

Evelyn is counting down to her visit from Nana and Papa. She is also asking several times a day when she gets to see Casey and B and D. I am also counting the days until summer vacation!

She has also started to sing the alphabet song. She does a pretty good job of it too. I will try to get a clip of it. When she plays with the foam letters in the tub, she knows the D is for her friend D, the B is for his sister B, the J is for Juliana and the C is for Casey.

I had a baking fest on Saturday and made over 100 muffins and 3 loaves of Banana bread. My snack contribution is ready and waiting in the freezer for the lake. Pina Colada muffins, choc chip and walnut banana muffins, peach and coconut muffins, rhubarb muffins, and rhubarb filled streusel muffins.

Today, I made my supper for the lake. It is also waiting and ready in my freezer right now. I feel such a sense of accomplishment.

3 comments:

Annie said...

WOWEE YOU are AMAZING! Look at all that baking!! I want to see a picture ! :) It feels SO good to have it all there, pkged and ready to go! I'm holding out for those yummylicious pina colada muffins! Love the first pic of Evelyn. So cute that she's nursing her dolls! haha! Reminds me of D doing that with his doggy 'Ruff.' haha...

Anonymous said...

I am counting the days also. Wow you have been so busy! Glad to hear you are all doing great. Love and kisses to all.

Sarah said...

wow!!! 100 muffins and a dinner! that is great!!
can you email me the rhubarb muffin recipe? I love rhubarb!
I just had a mini muffin fest too. made some flax/pecan spice ones, and some bran/berry ones. great!
great stories :)