Sunday 17 June 2007

Happy Father Day


Daddy, I love you
For all that you do.
I'll kiss you and hug you
'Cause you love me, too.

You feed me and need me
To teach you to play,
So smile 'cause I love you
On this Father's Day.

author unknown





Thank you for playing with us, reading to us, holding us, hugging us, kissing us, and loving us. We know you love us, and we love you too.

We appreciate your care for us, providing for us, shielding us from the bad things in the world, comforting us when we hurt ourselves, or wake trembling in the night.

We respect you for the man that you are (though not always for the authority that you represent...) (We're little kids, that will come later!)

Today is your day, Daddy. We'll try to be good... But no matter how we act, we always love you!

Adoringly, Evelyn and Ethan

4 comments:

Sarah said...

that is the bestest!!! you are the most wonderful mom and wife! way to go, Bev!!! :) you must have read "love and respect" b/c the things you say sound like they're written with 'blue glasses'

Annie said...

Awesome poem! E's happy daddy is so cute to hear!

Ryan Cracknell said...

Thank you Ethan and Ella (and Bev)! You all made me feel very special today.

Ruth said...

It was a treat to catch up on all the doings! Thanks for all the videos and superduper blogging! What a great way to stay up to date.