Tuesday 24 April 2007


I have posted fairly frequently this past week, so please check out the older posts in the archives etc so you won't miss anything! ;-)

Evelyn surprised me by telling a story about her birthday today. She remembered so much more than I thought she would. It started like this:

Evelyn is playing in her room with her kitchen. She says "Nana, kitchen. Birthday. Birthday party. Eat cake. Bunny cake! Open presents. Kitchen present, Nana" Translation: Nana gave me this kitchen for my birthday. She was at the party. We ate bunny cake (which was very exciting). Then we opened presents and Nana gave me this kitchen!

I thought that was pretty impressive. I had even forgotten that I had made a bunny cake. She was looking at her birthday pictures earlier. I guess that jogged her memory a bit.

Evelyn also set up a lovely tea party for me in the bathroom today. Note the 'cookies' made of barn yard animal puzzle pieces. She loves tea parties.

3 comments:

Annie said...

That is so incredibly AWESOME!!! She is so cute! Awww!
Great story too!

A Place of springs said...

SO cute! She is communicating well.

Sarah said...

adorable!!! your daughter is SOO photogenic! :)