Friday 3 December 2010

Going 'out' for dinner

Tonight, Ryan treated us to dinner at "'Yummy' wine bar and Bistro". We had to wait to be seated, were given a menu to make our choices from, were NOT allowed to enter the kitchen, and were given paper to colour on while we waited for our orders to be ready.






The Menu included:

Grilled Cheese: Our specialty. Grilled to a perfect golden brown and oozing with real cheddar cheese, this will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.



Field Potato with Spring Leek soup: More attractive than our orange soup (Butternut squash), I'm not so sure it tastes great. The perfect choice for the risk taker.





Dr.Pepper: Comes from the good doctor.

Asti (sparkling wine by Martini): Doesn't come from where it sounds like. (He loves to mock me whenever I drink my 'Ass-tea'. It's so delicious, I don't care!

Dessert was caramel or blueberry sundaes with sprinkles and shortbread cookies.  




The kids had a blast. Ethan seemed confused because Ryan adamantly denied being his Daddy and stated he was the chef. Ethan came to accept that and started calling him the food maker, or food getter, or chef. When the Chef told us he was off work and heading home, Ethan accepted that. When Ryan walked into the dining room a moment later, apologizing for being late for dinner, he had to work through what just happened and asked if Ryan was the chef too.

It was a very fun supper. 

4 comments:

Ruth said...

OH dear! I got the giggles and couldn't stop when Ethan got confused. I could just see Ryan explaining!

What a great idea! GO CHEF!!
(Chef on the go)

:D

Tasha said...

That is so cute! What a funny husband! YOur kids looked liek they really enjoyed themselves! :0

By the wasy, will we see you in Vic? Do you come to visit the Parrish hosue sometimes? We will be there on the 20th of Dec.

Ruth said...

I forgot to say that you can serve me grilled cheese sandwiches anytime because they are my favorite too!
:D

Annie said...

That is a hilarious story! I love it! What fantastically creative idea Ryan had!! Complete with Menu's and everything! Love the descriptions! (perfect choice for the risk taker LOL)