Wednesday 1 December 2010

Bethlehem Walk

I just heard about this event hosted each year by the Parksville Fellowship Baptist Church. It looks SO COOL! I work with a couple people who attend that church, or have gone in the past and they couldn't stop raving about it. They create an entire village with market kiosks and activities. There are people in costume and character helping to interpret the scene and history. I heard there is a guy with 'Goliath's sword' who is a favorite with some of the kids of my co-workers.

We are planning to go on Sunday, Dec 12. I know it would make for a late night for people driving back to Victoria, but it looks like it would be worth it for the experience.

Here are the details:

Parksville Baptist Church Bethlehem Walk.


When Is it?
December 11 - 14, 2010. During the event, the Bethlehem Walk Village is open each evening from 6:00 to 8:30 pm. A morning presentation for pre-school and special needs is held on the Monday from 9:30 to 11:00 during the event run.

Where is it?
Parksville Fellowship Baptist Church -- 550 Pym Street, Parksville, BC, Canada.

Is there a Cost?
You can enjoy everything without cost, however you'll have the opportunity to donate money or food to the local Salvation Army (in 2009 visitors contributed multiple van-loads of food and over $13,000 in donations).  Experience the Christmas Story and then relax with hot chocolate, cookies and carolling indoors.

3 comments:

A Place of springs said...

I'll talk to Shane about this. I'd love to go. I wanted to go last year. The only problem is Shane may get called into work last minuet.

Would we be able to come up early and see your place?

BevC said...

We would LOVE to have you up for supper and a visit before we went. (That's an open invitation to anyone who wants to come up to see it!)

Annie said...

I've heard about it and people I know who have gone just rave about it. We had one last year in our small town and it was great! We were really glad we went. I loved all the animals and candle making... etc... It was very realistic. Chickens everywhere. ha