Tuesday 19 October 2010

Toilets.

Ethan has been lying a lot lately. He then presents us with a battle of wills over fessing up. So, last night as I walked past the bathroom and saw him flush the toilet and the water came ... up! I was very pleased when he told the truth immediately.

Here's the story...He was trying to help by cleaning the toilet with the brush (a cheap one from the dollar store - DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!) and the head snapped off in the bottom of the toilet. I'm not sure exactly when this happened, or how it managed to get so deeply wedged into the curves of the toilet, but, it did! He tried to cover his tracks by putting the handle in the recycling box.

So, looks like I have a weekend project. Remove the toilet (I may replace it with a low water use one since it's going to be off anyway) and try to get the brush out from the bottom. I hope it has not migrated into the main sewer pipe!

In the mean time, I am incredibly thankful that we have a home with more than one toilet! Things could definitely be worse!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Yay for victory over lying!! Take note on the toilet brush :)
It probably just dropped off as he flushed or even before he flushed. But the water current is very strong and pulls things in quite far! I know from experience! HAHA It's probably stuck at the back right before the main pipe.
Low Flow- if you do choose to get a new toilet- Make sure the style of toilet allows a small child to poop right INTO the bottom of the chamber. Otherwise it creates a LOT of smell and extra scrubbing! :)
Praise the Lord for extra toilets! :D

Ruth said...

Oh, my. Pears get really stuck too! Yes, it would definitely be an emergency procedure if you didn't have two toilets... :D