Thursday 3 June 2010

Peter Pan

This was the first theatrical production in the schools memory. The kids did well, considering. It was obvious that they enjoyed being in costume and found the experience fun. Some of the items they found for the lost boys to wear were amazing!







Shortly before the play was to happen, the student that was going to play 'Nana' the dog was not able to continue. Ryan stepped in, squeezed himself into a cut up dog costume, and assumed the role with comedic results.

Evelyn made a beautiful mermaid her name was 'Moonglow'. She remembered to speak clearly and loudly - in fact, I think she was the loudest one up there! She said she was not scared at all and loved to 'act'. Again, I think we have a budding actress in our midst.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! there are like 4 new posts on here!!! I LOVE the play! So cute! yes, evelyn is definitely the clearest on stage! I like ryan's impression of Nana. I'm sure he did an awesome job! I was hoping for some video footage of his acting too!

Jenn said...

Loved reading the new posts Bev! Evelyn's eyes are so blue in that picture. And I hear you about when the kids play so well together. It is such a great feeling. Also seeing some fruit of your labour in teaching them when they without prompting learn a lesson! Great work!!

A-J said...

Love Ryan's costume!

Brandee said...

I think it's a blessing that Evelyn is so outgoing and loves to act. What a great gift of self confidence! So great that Ryan stepped in to play the dog and help out!