Thursday 3 June 2010

life and activities outside

I just love those harmonious moments in life when the kids get along, and agree to pose for a picture!

In the first one, they are giving their 'Build-A-Bears' a swing ride. I think 'Rainbow bear' and 'Race Car' enjoyed the ride!





Some random photos from the last week. We have all been sick this week with sinus congestion, sore throats, coughs and headaches. I kept Evelyn home today because her cough is getting more congested. Ryan and I are pretty miserable, as is Evelyn, and Ethan has only a mild form so far. I've totally lost my voice intermittently today, so, lots of salt water gargles and honey lemon tea for me!






The purple bows Evelyn is wearing were made by a former co-worker of mine from Calgary. Evelyn loves them and she received several compliments when she wore them.

In other news, Ryan did not get the position at that private school that he really wanted. This has been a pretty big disappointment for him. The only jobs posted in Nanaimo for teachers are either Kindergarten or French immersion. Now, if he was a french speaking kindergarten teacher - we'd be set! It is very nerve wracking to know we will be going from a 1.4 FTE between us to a 0.77 FTE and our living cost will only rise with the move.

The people who saw the house a while back seem very serious. They are pursuing info about the land and want to come and dig a hole to see what the soil is like (is it suitable to build a massive garage on). All this will take a couple more weeks before we can even begin to talk money.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I was going to call you tonight, but decided with your voicelessness it probably wouldn't work out that well! I hope everyone is feeling better quickly! The colors in your photos are amazing!
Very disappointing about the job, but good news on the serious buyers! yay!

A-J said...

Beautiful pictures!

Brandee said...

Sorry to hear about Ryan's job opportunity. Praying for everything to fall into place for your move.

I just love the picture of the kids smiling together.

Nana & Papa said...

Thank you for all the pics. I can understand how frustrating things must be but it always works out. My Mom used to say it has to get worse to get better and when I thought it couldn't get any worse lots of times it did but in the end there was always a positive outcome. Love and kisses to all. Mom (Nana)