Thursday 11 June 2009

My little Soccer Stars

Once again, I forgot to bring my camera to soccer practice. I did however, manage to get a few shots of the kids at home in their uniforms and shin pads. I continue to be surprised by how outgoing Ethan is. He heads right to his coach and sticks by his side for much of the practice. During stretches, Ethan even ducked under the coaches legs! Evelyn seems to like running the best and she is one of the faster (and older) kids. I love that they are so enthousiastic and positive about practice and soccer.

We have had 2 late spring snowstorms on consecutive Tuesdays, then Evelyn had her playschool graduation, then she had her vaccinations, so the kids have only been able to go to two practices. Next week is the 'wrap up' BBQ! I think the team will unofficially practice until the end of June to make up for the snow days.

Next year, the kids will be on different teams and Evelyn will actually play in a game or two.

In other news, I filled out Evelyn's Kindergarden registration yesterday and submitted her birth certificate. She is now officially registered as a Caslan School student for 2009/2010. Her teacher for next year (Miss Megan Deveraux) gave her a pack of picture books all about starting kindergarden. I look forward to reading them with her in August.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

That is good they got to play on the same team this year!

Tasha said...

Sounds like fun! Ethan looks so grown up!! I can't wait to see you guys!:)

Ruth said...

Too bad about missing practise because of the snow. It looks like they will really enjoy playing.

:D

Brandee said...

I can't believe that Evelyn will be in Kindergarden!! Wow that went by fast!
I love soccer - it's such a great team sport. I'm glad they got to play together.