Friday 10 June 2011

More garden pics from the end of May

The kids have enjoyed making up games to play in the garden. They have a club 'house' that they plan to build in a small patch near the back. So far, construction is still in the planning and gathering stage...

 I built a clothes drying rack under our deck. It's on pulleys so I can raise and lower it to a good working height, then lift it all the way up when I'm not using it. I can fit around 5 loads of laundry on the rack. I am getting addicted to the smell of line dried clothes! As an added bonus, when it drizzles or if I have to leave the clothes out overnight, the deck keeps them mostly dry!




Okay, I see this plant cropping up in many areas, sometimes it seems to be there intentionally, other times I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be there. IS THIS A WEED? Anyone know what it is?














I like this Rhodo because of the mixed colours. The Purple and Yellow feel like confetti. It's very festive! 











 











 



 


 










 







 


 



















 






















2 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful flowers! Wow! What a garden!
Do you have instructions for that dryer rack? I'd love to build one under my deck!

Ruth said...

Beautiful! beautiful! beautiful!!!
Wow.

How fun for the kids to have a fort. Your drying rack is very clever. Love it!