Sunday 21 March 2010

Once again, winter sticks around at our house.

This happens each year. Every other house in our area is thawed and grass, except ours. It's right at the property line too! It is so funny to be out driving, seeing nothing but brown grass, then, as you turn into our crescent...Bam! It's winter at the Cracknell's!

The plus side of this phenomena is that we get lovely warm temps and snow to play in. So, that's what we did yesterday.


Of small note, look who went inside and got his own mittens! I guess he DID learn from past experience!





















Evelyn pretended she was a superhero standing on top of a tall mountain. Daddy diligently worked at shoveling out the snow under her, creating a large overhang. Eventually, she did fall through.



















She has been trying out some model poses lately too. It's really amusing to watch her slip and fall and cover it up perfectly by striking a pose and smiling.

We went to a salon on Friday to have our bangs trimmed. What a mistake! I do a better job than they did. Ethan's hair is uneven and needs touching up, my bangs are not well curved . I am trying to thin out Evelyn's bangs a bit, so will need to pin aside the longer portion for a while. Since she's cut her hair short, she loves to wear her hair with a side part and a barrette holding her hair to the side. I find I gather some of her bangs into the barrette anyway, so hopefully the process won't be too awkward.










I also spent much of the day cleaning our bedroom, tossing papers, packing books, dusting etc... It looks much less cluttered. I de-cluttered the kitchen and took photos to see how it would present. I will need to pack away all my displayed china and move most of the appliances off the counter. It's surprising how even a little 'decoration' looks like clutter in a photo.

I have floor and window trim on order. It should arrive this week. I have tried to order counters, but the guy at the store who orders them is off sick. I have to wait until he returns before I can order it....Small towns!











I have applied to a few positions in Nanaimo, but, discouragingly, have not heard back. I had felt confident that they would jump at the chance to hire me. I fit the position perfectly. So, we can not move forward until one of us gets a FT job. No mortgage approval, no selling, no moving until that happens. I feel like I'm sitting still, rocking back and forth, twiddling my thumbs and waiting... I think this is the sort of situation where I will learn a lot about myself.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh, my! Look at those kids! Love the glove picture LOL!! And Evelyn is beautiful. She's got the pose thing down, eh?

That is so funny how the snow goes up to your property line!! I would have a hard time believing that if I didn't see it.

Ruth said...

I hope you hear about a job soon. Waiting is hard to do. Sounds like you are getting well prepared for the move!

Annie said...

Haha- snow at your house. That looks so funny! It must be b/c of the trees?
I like your idea of taking a pic and 'seeing' the clutter.
I think I'll do that for each room... :)

A-J said...

So cool that you get all the snow to yourselves!! Too bad about the salon - I cut Stephen's hair last night and at one point thought I'd made a mistake...but it got all fixed. It's a dangerous skill to learn! I hope God finds you a FT job so you can make it back to the island :)

Brandee said...

Evelyn is such a beautiful girl. Her model poses are priceless.