Tuesday 7 April 2009

Spring!

Finally, the snow is beating a hasty retreat, and warm temperatures are winning the battle! Yah! Our road is mud, our driveway is slush, and the snow in our yard is only about 30 - 45 cm deep. There are rivers of melt water and deep pools of muddy water all over the place. The flies have emerged from who-knows-where and are causing abject terror in many a child. "Aaak! A bug!" They have not seen insects for so long, they barely know what to call them!

I am breathing a sigh of relief. Winter is finally gone. This past one seemed longer than usual. Looking at pics from April and May of years past, I think it is about 2 weeks later this year. I can't wait to see things start to grow. Grass, leaves, flowers - anything!

That's all I've got time for today.

9 comments:

A-J said...

Hurray for spring! Yes, it came later than usual over here, too. When Victoria gets snow in March, you know something's wrong.

shawna said...

autumn seems to be coming slower here just like spring seems to be a bit behind for you guys. yesterday i was looking at pictures of our garden from march and april last year. our apricot tree had already lost all its leaves by this point. this year only a few have even started to turn yellow.
enjoy your spring weather now that it has arrived!

Ruth said...

I was going to say, "Hurray for Spring"...but AJ beat me to it. The green is coming soon!!
Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

:D

Annie said...

All I have to say is, FINALLY!!!

Dawne said...

Seasons are shifting I think. Its late here in Victoria too. Sad but true. Happy Easter!

Sarah said...

wow! I can't believe you still have snow!!!
those are great pictures on your right there. WOW! evelyn is SO photogenic! you have some wonderful shots there bev. I love the composition of some of them, how you have the subject slightly off to the side... and her hair is just beautiful!

A Place of springs said...

Just wanted to say that CAsey and I sat and looked at all your videos and pictures. He enjoyed them all especially the dancing one.

Ruth said...

We were out all day gardening. It was warm and the soil is soft and warm. Ruth and I were able to get the 2 gardens basicaly turned over and weeded and plants moved. The one around the house and the one against the fence. It is cloudy now and it may rain tomorrow so it was good to do it today. Everything is starting to grow and with the cold weathter we had until now, it grows very fast. The plum trees downtown are still blooming. Thats how late everything is. Thanks for the pictures. See you all in June.

Love Grandad.

Tasha said...

I am so excited for spring too!!! I find it is so much more exciting when you live in a cold climate. At last we can go for walks and go biking!!