Monday 22 December 2008

She's a Winner!

If you can, recall a pic I posted last month of the kids colouring contest entries. Evelyn won the 0-4 yr category! We went to pick up her gift basket today. She was SO excited and proud. I asked if it was a draw, or if the picture was chosen. The woman said she chose it because of the energy and effort it showed. She liked how she used the colours in an unconventional way.

We begged her to let them take a picture and coached her to give a big smile. I think she took us a bit too literally. Eventually, after some more coaching to just smile a little bit, we got a decent picture.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Evelyn!!!

Anonymous said...

Another artist????

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Evelyn. You are following in the Hardcastle name. See Nana said you don't have to colour in the lines. Abstract art is great. It's all in the interpertation of the subject. Great job. Love and Kisses to all.

Annie said...

Awesome! I see lots of energy in that picture too!!
Great prize! What was in it?
I love the big 'bear' grin photo- hilarious. The sweater looks nice and cozy and the colors are great on her. I actually remember you working on that now. haha... years ago... I'm glad you got that project finished!