Saturday 9 February 2008

A visit with the Brand's

On Feb 1st, Ryan had to go to a seminar in Cold Lake. I figured that while Ryan was at his thing, I would just drive the extra 2 hours and go visit my friend Jen and her kids Juliana and Evan.

When I dropped Ryan off, he asked when they would wrap up for the day. The facilitator chopped about an hour off the expected end time, so our visit with the Brand's was brief.

The boys took a bit to warm up to each other, but were soon playing with Evan's cars and practicing their standing skills.

Juliana and Evelyn played exceptionally well together. They did a bit of cooking with Juliana's kitchen, they played a bit of Play Dough, and finally, (when we were supposed to be leaving) they played Doctor. Juliana examined Evelyn's belly and listened to her heart. Evelyn in turn complained of a sore throat and asked her to check it out.















Evelyn and Juliana have known each other since the day Juliana was born! I had the privilege of attending Juliana's birth when I was about 37 weeks pregnant with Evelyn. When I held Juliana, Evelyn kicked her in the bum! Then, when it was Evelyn's turn to come home from the hospital, Juliana was there to meet her when she arrived home.

Over the years, I have taken a picture of the girls almost every time they have visited. I continued the tradition when the boys arrived (only 4 days apart!) Here is an edited collection of some of their pictures: Roll over the pics with your mouse to see the captions

2 comments:

Annie said...

What a slide show! That's pretty cool to have all those pics from birth to the present!
It's cute that the girls play so well together and are cooperative in their imaginary world.

Anonymous said...

What a great collection of the kids! I was amazed at how Juliana and Evelyn played together. All the time together since birth has made a difference in their friendship for sure! And how nice for me to have such a great friend to share the same ages and stages together with.