Saturday 17 November 2007

Ethan's First Birthday


A year has past already! Wow, Does time go faster the more kids you have? This----->
Feels like yesterday!


























We had a small party for Ethan with a Rocket Ship cake, hats, blowers, horns, balloons, and signs. Evelyn is so into party stuff right now, we just had to go all out with the extras. After we had finished decorating the cake, she wanted to light the candles and sing for Ethan so badly, I just had to give in and let her do a practice run.

Ethan got excited about ripping the wrapping paper after he saw a few opened. He loved his cake.

He has given pretty equal attention to all his gifts today. Thank-you to everyone who sent him something. He is in Truck and Ball and singing Bear heaven!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cake!!!!!! Happy 1st Birthday cutie!!!!
Love Auntie Dawne

Ruth said...

Happy happy Birthday Ethan!!
Sounds like it was alot of fun!

I love the idea of putting newborn pictures up with the 1 year old pics. It's amazing how they grow so quickly.

Annie said...

Oh my goodness! AWESOME CAKE!!! you're such a great mom!! Love the party hat for Ethan- did evelyn make it?
Yes, I liked the newborn photos! Was he really that small??? I guess we saw him in July so he really wasn't that small to us.

Yes, it goes much faster with the second one. I think it's due to sleep deprivation! LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st BD Ethan. Glad you had a good day. Mom you are so talented and I bet Evelyn is right in there helping. We miss you all and wish we could have been there.

BevC said...

Thank you to Shawna for sharing the link to this video on YouTube. It is really funny. There are lyrics on the sidebar if you click on 'more info'.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQUtVM

Sarah said...

oh Bev! you do such a good job of putting these videos together! I love the "every good and perfect gift" song! and the tick-tock when he's eating his cake! and how you blended the practice run birthday song into the last bit of the real thing. that was well done.
what a sweet kid. I'm kind of amazed that he eats cake already, but I guess I'll know all these intracate details of when kids eat what once I have them!! :)
yes, you and the Parrishes are quite skilled in the cake making department! wow!