Saturday 27 October 2007

Au Revoir Autumn, Welcome Winter!


This was the view from our window yesterday morning.

The view this morning is almost exactly the same.

I hope this snow doesn't mark the beginning of whiteness for the next 6 months, but it is possible.

Evelyn had fun outside. She swept the snow and made snow angels. She wanted to make snowballs, but the snow kept sticking to her mitts.

I am glad that I got to enjoy a second, more colourful, Autumn in Victoria. I can still see all the Reds and Oranges and lushness in my minds eye. Now, I have to remind myself of the beauty of the whiteness... It does fill the house with a great light - pure and gentle. It is actually brighter now than when the trees still had leaves. That is good....

Evelyn started asking about "Kris-Kras Trees". We explained that first came Ethan's birthday, then we will think about Christmas Trees.

Anyway, all you readers who are still enjoying Autumn and green, take heed! This may be your view in a couple months too! Enjoy the green and colours now!

4 comments:

A Place of springs said...

you guys got more then us. did you see the picture on our blog? You can still see the ground.

Sarah said...

oh my goodness!!! the picture took a second to download, so when I read your first sentence, I was like - there is no way there was snow. whatever!!!!! wow. not even all of our leaves have turned red and orange yet!!!

Annie said...

Yep, that'll be us in a week or so! It'll probably melt though. I like how bright the snow makes everything. Even on a cloudy day it looks bright outside!
Kris-Kras tree is cute! Are you going to get a little one for her room? I'm getting one for the kids. It should be fun! (if they don't destroy it!)

BevC said...

The snow lasted 2 days, but is thankfully gone again. Temps are around 0 though, so it could return any day!